The place I love the most!

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Jamee is bossy! ;)

Jamee Edwards told me I needed to update my blog. This may be the only way she finds out what is going on in my life. This is for you Jamerz.

Last time I wrote on here I had just graduated from ASU. Now I have a job!!! I teach 4th grade at Longfellow Elementary and let me tell you it is a Love Hate relationship. Teaching is definitely my calling in life, but it is so challenging. I love my little kiddos. They say the funniest things. Here is a few of the things I have heard.

"Mrs. Day is suspicious because she always picks us up late."
"Mrs. Day are you a virgin?" I quickly told him that what he meant was "are you a vegetarian?"  Then I told him I was not a VEGETARIAN.
"Mrs. Day how do girls pee?"
"What is a type writer?"

Those are a few of my favorites so far. Its definitely hard to be in charge of so many bright little minds, but I think that my first year of teaching has been pretty easy. I haven't cried because of school since October. (I heard that you are suppose to cry all the time your first year.) The best part of being a teacher is playing games and having parties. I can not wait for field trips to start.

I have been doing a lot of extra trainings, after school, over the last couple months and I am expecting a pretty fat check soon. I plan on spending the money on redoing my wardrobe and buying cutesy things for my apartment.

Josh and I are doing well. Most of the time we are bored. We spend way to much money eating out. We watch a lot of TV these days. Our favorite shows include The Big Bang Theory, Wipeout, the Bachelor and Revenge. (Ok Josh doesn't love the last two, but I make him watch it anyway.) I finally broke down and let Josh get an XBox, mostly I got sick of him asking so I finally said Yes! Since getting the Xbox I fall asleep on the couch (almost every night) while he plays it late into the night.

Life in the Day home is pretty good. I can't really complain. Well I will update in about a year, so until then a few tips...
Don't drink and drive
Always tip your waitress/carhop
Speak slowly
Love everyone

No comments: