The place I love the most!

Monday, November 10, 2008

EAC





Well everyone else is doing this, so I guess I will too. I have spent the last three months living in Thatcher Arizona attending Eastern Arizona College... and can I just tell you that it has been the most uncomfortable three months of my life. I have had to step out of my comfort zone pretty much everyday since I moved here. Everyone knows that I like what is comfortable and normal and there has been nothing comfortable or normal about college life.
I have been dating a lot. I have been on some interesting dates with some interesting people. For example... I went on a date where we played cards and dice games in a post office. Another one where we played paper rock scissors for two hours at a park, while eating pizza. In an abandoned house I made my date a hemp bracelet and beat him in a five decker peanut butter and jelly sandwich eating contest. I have gone on scavenger hunts, star gazing, and t-shirt decorating dates.
College life has sure messed with my sleeping habits. I went from getting about 8 or 9 hours of sleep to getting 4 if I am lucky... There has even been days where I went to work without sleeping at all the night before (made for some pretty miserable days). I usually go to bed around 2 or 3... which wouldn't be so bad except that I usually work at 5:30 in the morning. Oh by the way I work at Sonic and yeah we have great drinks. Go happy hour!!!!
So funny story. I went to this bonfire and it was huge. There was tons of people there and I knew about 4 of them and none of them very well. So I am standing on one side of the fire talking to this person that I barely know... when I spot someone I really know on the other side of the fire. Well I got pretty excited and sorta started to skip around the fire to him... Well what kind of a party would it be if I didn't do something to embarrass myself. So yeah I tripped over part of the fire and almost fell in. Thankfully I didn't but I fell flat on my back in front of like 60 people that I didn't know. I just laid there for a minute trying to think of something to do... I hopped up before anyone could help me and took a bow... Everyone was laughing at me and for the rest of the night whenever I met someone new they would ask "aren't you the girl that fell?" Then they would laugh.

No comments: